Knife Making Class
All Classes are on hold due to an increase in orders. Once I catch up I will open the class schedule back up. Thank you for your patronage!
Keep an edge on the enemy with a knife making class in Fayetteville, North Carolina instructed by Darrin Sirois.
9 AM - 6 PM with a one hour lunch break (not provided)
See Calendar above for available dates! (classes are filling fast)
TAKE HOME ONE KNIFE YOU MAKE!
This course will emphasize the use of hand tools in the knife making process. Each student will grind, and finish one knife blade from a choice of metals and fit one handle. This is a stock removal class, NOT a forging class!
This is a hands-on course that includes one-on-one instruction of the structure and composition of the blade material.
Pressed stamping, file-work, sand blasting, surface grinding, and Damascus will also be discussed.
- Basic techniques of knife making
- Heat treating and tempering
- How to grind and shape a knife
- How to shape and fit one of several handle materials
- How to rivet the handle
- What it takes to do decorative etching, file work, mosaic and Damascus
- What it takes to make a sheath for your knife
- About the structure and composition of blade materials
- FACILITY IS WELL EQUIPPED
- Drill Presses
- Surface Grinder (Boyer-Schlotz Electro Magnetic Chuck)
- Knife Grinders (Wilmont Grinders, 2x72)
- Band Saws (Grizzly 220v variable speed)
- Heat Treating equipment (Even Heat electric oven)
- Sand Blasting
- Machine Mill (Grizzly)
- Heat and Air Conditioning
- Rest Room
- TAKE HOME ONE KNIFE
- You will grind, heat treat and finish one knife complete with handle & sheath.
Level is Beginner/Intermediate. Class size is limited to 1 focused on optimizing time and instruction to complete your knife.
TCT Knives reserves the right to cancel a class at any time and will refund any payment in full.
General Information: Students may bring notebook and pen.
Students are required to wear safety glasses and ear protection which are provided.
Students are required to wear a full ankle shoe, NO FLIP FLOPS or sandals.
Students are encouraged to wear pants and long sleeve shirts.
Students are encouraged to bring a lunch or map a local location to eat.
Coffee, water and snacks provided.
Email or call now to secure an available date, once funds are received, you have locked in your date.